Last year, 2013, was a major breakout year for bitcoin with prices going from $13 to over $1,200. And 2014 is shaping up to be an even more exciting year. So far, these are just some of the headlines since January 1st in the Bitcoin world:
– the IRS, the United States taxing authority, ruled that bitcoins will be taxable as property
– the Federal Election Commission ruled that bitcoins can be donated to political candidates
– well over 200 cryptocurrencies, like bitcoin, are now trading worldwide
– well over 100,000 merchants now accept bitcoin worldwide
– bitcoin ATM’s are now installed in Canada, the US, Europe, and Australia (congrats for being first, Canada!)
And, there will be much more to share in the months ahead.
I invite you to sign up for free weekly Bitcoin updates by entering your email address to the right. You’ll receive my free 2014 Bitcoin Strategies Report, written especially for readers of The Bitcoin Tutor. It’s my gift to you for signing up. And, of course, you can unsubscribe at any time (although we’ll miss you).
The Bitcoin Tutor isn’t meant to be strictly a one-way conversation. Please comment, ask questions, and share the articles and information you find most interesting with your friends. We made that easy with social links available throughout the site, including Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
I promise to give you my authentic comments. You may not always like what I write, but I promise to give you the best possible insights on what the bitcoin headlines actually mean to you and to me. Whether it’s good news or bad news.
So for now, welcome. Please look around while you’re here. You’ll see more and more added to this site in the weeks ahead. It truly is an exciting time to be watching and participating in bitcoin. As you know, bitcoin is gaining interest worldwide and we are the early participants of this new technology.
I believe bitcoin will change the world of finance, and much more. I invite you to join me on this journey.
To your knowledge and to your success!